Online Reputation Management
Online Reputation management can be defined as influencing as well as controlling a group’s or individual’s reputation. Online reputation management also abbreviated as ORM, it focuses on the management of services or products searches website results.
With substantial developments in the field of public relations, in sync with the growth of the social media and internet and, along with the introduction of reputation management companies, the overall outlook of results of searches has become an integral part of what defines “reputation”. Reputation management can be categorized into two parts. One is offline reputation management and other is offline reputation management.
Online reputation management refers to focus on the management of product or service search results within the digital space.
Offline reputation management focuses on the process of managing the public perception of a said entity outside the online sphere. It covers the views of stakeholder i.e. what they feel about the company.
Your online persona shapes the perception of others, hence you should use social media with full attention. It shapes your personal as well as professional perceptions of yours as well as of others.
Now, you must be thinking about how to enhance your social presence.
- Enhance privacy: use the privacy settings of Facebook to secure your privacy. With the help of privacy settings, you can ensure that your non-employer friendly data is not visible in your public profile.
- Take action: if you find something that may damage and harm your privacy then try to have it removed.
- Clean up: regularly check and review your profile if you find a data that is inappropriate for you, delete them instantly.
Curate and monitor
To be visible you are required to keep track of your image. Try to answer the question like are you searchable and are you findable? These questions will keep you on track and hence will help you to keep on track. You can also use the below-mentioned techniques to keep you on track by helping you in a positive way
- Google alerts: Google alerts helps you to monitor where your name is turning up in searches
- Online ID Calculator: it helps you to measure the consistency of your personal brand
- Klout: helps to assess your level of social influence
Tips to manage your online reputation
Our online reputation has become an inherent part of our business to manage our business online as well as offline. In the above page, you have gained all aspects that may harm your business and tools that will help you to manage your presence and social media account. Now, here we are going to tell you tested tips to manage your social media presence.
- Always remember that once you post online, it instantly becomes public information. It will not be under control once you post a post.
- Be strategic: whether you are going to post a common post or something related to your business always keep in mind all aspects of the post. Be strategic and clear before posting something.
- Think before you post: do not post a random post that may harm you or someone else’s reputation. Think twice before you are going to post something.
- Your post may go public: yes, you heard it right, even your private talks and Snapchat can go public, so be careful and regularly review your contacts.
- Privacy settings: do not give permissions to all apps blindly, read all terms carefully and understand them before clicking on the button of agree.
- Monitor your name online: keep tracking yourself on google and set alerts to avoid surprises.
- Protect your online reputation, do not keep your privacy at bay and create your personal brand. Your future will thank you.